In September, CoS was made charity of the month at its local Waitrose. Thanks to everyone who popped into Waitrose and put their ‘handful of tokens’ into the Change of Scene box – this raised almost £300 which will be put to excellent use!
Forget ice buckets – we want you to get a pie in the face for Change of Scene! If you accept the CoS pie in the face challenge, please follow the instructions below, and remember – you need to get ‘pied’ within 24-hours of nomination…
1. State that ‘I (name) accept a Change of Scene pie in the face from (nominee) and nominate a further five ‘game-for-a-laugh’ friends to follow suit
2. Record a video clip of of yourself taking the pie in the face (the funnier the better) from a helpful, willing assistant (goggles/old clothes recommended!)
3. Post video clip on your Facebook page and tag your 5 nominees (copy and paste these instructions with your Facebook post) First Pie in Face Video
4. Discover how the registered charity, Change of Scene, makes a positive difference to disadvantaged children’s’ lives: www.changeofscene.org.uk
5. Donate £3 to Change of Scene by texting PIES08 £3 to 70070
The annual general meeting was held on 4th September at the Bat and Ball pub. It attracted a good turnout of trustees, volunteers, supporters, former beneficiaries (plus parents) and local fundraising charities, eg the Roundtable and Hedgehogs, who have both pledged support for Change of Scene. This was even backed up by Roundtable donating over £1000 to CoS on the night.